Team Exercise for Sustainability Planning
- Call a meeting for the project and sustainability team members.
- Ask your team, “For this project to successfully continue over time it needs…” Have the team brainstorm responses to this question and generate a set of ideas.
- In order to understand how the ideas are related to one another, the group can sort concepts into lists based on similarity. Have the team eliminate or combine statements that represent the same idea.
- Now crosswalk your grouped lists with this conceptual framework. Teams can ‘theme’ their lists under one of the nine domains important for increasing sustainability:
1) Political support, 2) Funding stability, 3) Partnerships, 4) Organizational capacity, 5) Program evaluation, 6) Program adaptation, 7) Communications, 8) Public health impacts and 9) Strategic planning.